GINKINKA, JETHRO Jan 3, 2013 0:37:36 GMT -5
Post by jethro konnor on Jan 3, 2013 0:37:36 GMT -5
[/u]. When Jethro looses his head, people and items alike become targets to his blind rage. He will verbally lash out, as well as try use inanimate objects. He has been known to grab small round tables as a youth and throw them at the people mocking him; he does this now only with books, chairs, desks. He has never lived down the day the shattered a window by throwing a chair out it and nailed a unlucky student. These days, he is trying hard to make his rage focus on battling with pokemon, instead of himself and another being; he doesn't like hurting people or things.
[style=background-color: #e3e3e1; border-top: 1px dotted #232323; border-bottom: 1px dotted #232323; color: #1a445c; text-align: justify; text-decoration: none; font-size: 9px; line-height: 10px; padding: 4px;][style=text-align:center][style=width: 100px; height: 100px; display: inline-block; border: 3px solid #fefefe][/style]
[style=width: 305px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #808080;]✻ NICKNAME.
JANITOR AT THEATRE AT NIGHT,
DISHWASHER AT LOCAL CAFE AT GRAVEYARD.
DISHWASHER AT LOCAL CAFE AT GRAVEYARD.
[b]HOMESTUCK[/b], karkat vantas[/style]
- Open minded. Despite what people might think due to his scowl and easily irritated personality, Jethro isn't one that is quick to judge. Though he can easily frown down on something, he does not reject someone or hold certain things against them. People are free to make the choices they want, and do with their life what pleases them. He doesn't take it upon himself to look down on other people, merely because he spent his life knowing how hurtful such a thing can be.
Reliable. There are few things that are taken lightly by the boy, and trust is not one. When asked something of him, Jethro always stands up for the task, and rarely ever fails to meet expectations. Often on time, neat and a serious type person, Jethro is a good person to trust something in, be is a simple task or taking care of an actual something. He rarely disappoints.
- Realistic. Though he hates being called a pessimistic, Jethro is a realist. He see's the world how it is, and often doesn't believe in fairytales. He hates 'looking for the bright side' of things, and would much rather just move on from the issue. Life is life, what happens happens. Of course, he still loves fantasy books and such, when he is not found of lying or side stepping the truth, even if it's to avoid hurt someone else's feelings. He believes in the truth will help people grow.
- Creative. When it comes to music, Jethro finally found something he is good at. Though he grew up playing drums, around his midteens he got more into the 'electronic' sound and oftne tries his hand at remixing and such. He is fond of the music, the beats, and he finds during these moments with his drums and mixes, he is calm for once.
- Focused. Jethro is a hard worker, and he shows it often. When given a goal, assignment, project or job, he will put more then his 100% percent. Though he can't always do everything perfect as requested, he will always try to achieve such and doesn't let himself get distracted. He will put friends and 'play-time' aside to accomplish what he must. Knwoign this about himself, Jethro often sets 'self-goals'.
- Selfless. People are not Jethro's best subject, but that doesn't mean he is a jerk. Growing up in an orphanage with a large group of other children, he learned early that sharing is caring. He learned that nothing is 'his' and that everyone deserves the same things. Those rules were carried with him even into school. He often goes out of his way to help another, even if they do not know about it. If something of someone's became lost or broken, it is easy for Jethro to merely give their person his own of the object and be un-bothered by it.
- Orderly. Mess, disorganization, clusters -- absolutely not. Growing up in a hectic environment, Jethro grew to hate mess and things that are out of place. Everything is neat with him; Everything has a place and there is a place for everything. All his drawers are labels, clothes folded perfectly, even his books are alphabetical and pokeballs are kept in a certain order. His habits borderline OCD.
- Grateful. Jethro doesn't often complain about things, and he enjoys what he can get. Growing up with little, he learned that what he you should be cherished. Be it a good meal, item or even a good friend. Nothing is to be tossed aside for some stupid reason; he hates waste of anything, to a point he will even eat something if he feels sick from it -- waste is not acceptable.
- Courteous - When calm that is. When Jathro is calm, he often tries to be polite. He greets people with sir and madame, and tries to hold his tongue and watch the words he speaks with. When calm, he can almost be called a sweet young boy, often be generous with his words, but the same can't be said for when he breaks. When teh boy's anger explodes, he often snaps out harsh words and dirty words, but he spends his time after calming apologizing heavily.
- Quick Thinking. Though Jethro can't always do things right the first time, he will never give up. He will always think up new ideas, new approaches and plans and never hesitates to jump on them. Even in a tough situation, it isn't hard for him to clear his head and think up a solution -- though they aren't always the most practical ones.
[/li][li] Suspicious. It takes time and work for Jethro to let someone close. Hurt too many times, he had grown a hard 'shell' around himself, and likes to keep people at and arms length. Even when he lets people close enough to be called 'friends', it takes much effort and prodding to finally make the boy open up and be himself. For a long time, he will always keep an eye on those who keep close to him, and be wary around them.
[/li][li] IED. or Intermittent explosive disorder. Jethro tries hard to keep himself calm, but at times he can not control his anger and flies off the handle. He tends to keep himself calm with just bits of irritation, but there are times when he snaps and the boy does not hold back. He with lash out, verbally and physically, and known to cause property damage.
[/li][li] Resentful. If anyone can hold a grudge, it is this kid. Rarely will he forgive someone who hurts him. Of course, if an accidentally, that can be over looked. However if someone intentionally hurts him, or a friend, there will be hell to pay. Holding in his feelings, usually he will just ignore the other's presence or make subtle snips at them. Unless it's about his condition. Then he will snap at that moment.
[/li][li] Distant. There is nothing better then time alone, at least that is how it is for Jethro. Having grown up a loner, he has become use to this way of living, and honestly doesn't know if he can change his ways. When there is a crowd, he is likely to slink away and find a empty area to merely sit and enjoy himself. Due to his anti-social ways, he becomes awkward and anxious around too many others.
[/li][li] Insecure. Jethro has little to be proud about, and it shows. He never boosts about things, cause there is nothing to boost about. Some people would assume this 'humble' of him, but being told that only hurts him. If he was talented, he would share it with anyone. Though good with his music, he fears telling others in worry of being snuffed out by this dislike towards what he can display. A huge factor to his insecurity is of course his skin though. he grows irritated and bites at people when they ask about it, and he never answers as to how he came to be the way it is.
[/li][li] Sour. There are no cheery good mornings or bright smiles coming from this boy. Often sporting an apathetic or scowling expression, he does not give people cheerful lies in order to please them. He is blunt, and often to the point. To get a smile out of him, someone either has to be very persistent, and quite the lucky fellow.
[/li][li] Rebellious. Though he does try his best to be polite to others, that does not mean he is good with authority. He lived under far too many rules, and he grew to detest them -- and to add to the matter, growing up being picked on cause of his illness often caused him to snap at the children and be scolded often; in time, he grew indifferent to adult figures scoldings and punishments. There days, he hardly see's an issue with blindly over looking a rule and doing what he wants -- as long as no one gets hurt by it.
[/li][li] Accident Prone. Due to the 'blind rage' he often gets, Jethro isn't aware how he hurts himself when he throws things or jumps at people -- but he also is just as prone when he has a clear head. He is the type to act before thinking, and usually realizes his mistakes after becoming hurt. He often is sporting bandages from his recent fights and accidents -- they are always reminders of his stupidity. On the bright side, he's become quite good with small medical emergencies.
[/li][li] A brick wall Stubborn, really, but a brick wall is a better way to say it. Once his mind is set, there is no going back, no restarts, nothing. Once Jethro has a goal in mind, he will not stop until he reaches it -- even putting himself and his well being aside to accomplish whatever it may be. This also counts for his own fights, never knowing when to just stay down, the boy is known to just getting back on his feet even when a mess. The only time his stubborn habits do not apply, is with his pokemon. As much as he always like to win, prove himself and such, he will not risk his pokemons' well being and often holds back his desires to crush another when he knows his fighting companion is unable to go on -- he will not force them to do what they can not.[/li][/ul][/div] [/style][/style]
this character is played by cola[/center]